At Actifirm, we understand sustainability matters and the true meaning of beauty, inside and out. Actifirm’s commitment to essential botanical ingredients is driven by an unwavering passion to preserve well-being and the environment. We have empowered products with ingredients that make a difference to our customers, our suppliers, our communities, and the planet. We pledge that:
- Our botanicals and other key ingredients are sourced from fully renewable resources so we can bring you the amazing products you love for many years to come.
- Our growers and harvesters are engaged via fair trade practices so we can develop long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with them that enrich all of us.
- Our rigorous control of the extraction and manufacturing processes ensures environmentally friendly production practices so we can leave our planet better than we found it for generations to come.
Supporting our communities is also vital to Actifirm, and we actively support:
- Attitudes & Attire™: A non-profit agency dedicated to promoting personal growth for women seeking self-sufficiency. This program provides the tools that raise self-esteem, promote ethics, and build the confidence necessary to succeed in the workplace.
- Genesis Women’s Shelter: A state of the art women’s shelter in Dallas offering a complete continuum of care, Genesis fights to end domestic violence each and every day.
- The Family Place: The largest family violence service provider in the Dallas area reaches out to thousands of victims of family violence each year with award-winning programs to keep women and children safe.
Actifirm encourages our customers, employee, and suppliers to reduce, recycle, and reuse!
ACTISAVE™: Our Commitment to Sustainability
Aquatic: Oceana Funding Partnership
- Gained trawling protection for a half million square miles of Pacific habitat
- Established shark management plan with Chilean government to curb finning practices
- Collaborated with Italian Coast Guard in the seizure of 300 kilometers of illegal driftnets
Terrestrial: Botanical Research Institute of Texas Funding Partnership
- Global institute for the conservation and preservation of our botanical heritage
- Conserving the natural heritage and public understanding of plant biodiversity
ACTIGREEN™: Our Commitment to Social Responsibility
- Reduced our carbon footprint & CO2 output by over 77 tons
- Lights and computers turned off when not in use
- Capital expenditures to upgrade equipment energy efficiency
- Down-regulation of steam boilers during off-peak periods
- Replaced bottled drinking water with filtered water dispensers
- “Go paperless” email-based customer invoice system
- Replaced Styrofoam and other non-biodegradable packing materials
- Recycle all boxes, drums, paper, and cans
ACTISERVE™: Our Commitment to Community
- Funding children’s hospital at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center for craniofacial research
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure donor
- United Way Bella Vita Rejuvenation Center partners
- United Way Day of Caring for Seniors
- Food drive
- Dravet Syndrome Foundation
- Masonic Lodge Race for the Children
- American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina victim partners
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas giving program
Comments are closed.