No doubt about it – it’s the most wonderful, and busy, time of year. Between meeting social engagements and the needs of family, there never seems to be enough time to squeeze in everything that matters. Take date night, for instance. It can have a proven, positive impact on relationships, and yet when life gets hectic (and we need support of a partner the most) we cast it by the wayside. Never fear! It’s possible to have date night and a little holiday fun, too. We’ve collected some of our favorite dates for this festive time of year – try to squeeze in one or two before 2018!
- Holiday Performance: From symphony concerts and Broadway shows to local school performances, there’s an event for everyone’s tastes – and everyone’s budget. Check out what’s happening in your community and make a date to support the arts and enjoy a bit of holiday cheer.
- Neighborhood Lights: Whether you take a leisurely evening walk around your neighborhood or seek out a special lighting event, holiday lights are magical, not to mention romantic.
- Movie Marathon: If little ones are in the picture, tuck them in early, pop some popcorn, and let the holiday movies roll. Amp up the romance with the star-studded Love Actually or classic White Christmas, or get in some healthy belly laughs with National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or Elf.
- Explore Other Traditions: This time of year, many major faiths celebrate unique traditions. Gain a new perspective and understanding of your fellow man by attending an unfamiliar service or event.
- The Holiday Hiatus Date: Have you already had enough joy and merriment to last until next season? Make like Scrooge and forget the holidays – if only for a night. For example, go out for a meal with Asian flair. Japanese sushi, Korean barbecue, or Chinese dim sum all make for a fun date with no connection to Christmas traditions. After all, not everything this time of year has to have a holiday theme – what matters most is spending quality time with the one you love.
Resources:date night, Holiday