Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: Vice President
Location: Lewisville, TX
Prepared by/Date: May 2012
Summary: The Sales Manager is responsible for managing and directing inside and outside sales as it relates to offline retail, spa, dermatologist and related sales to achieve sales and profit goals. This position designs and recommends sales programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies and goals. This position also evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques for everything except online sales to increase the department’s sales volume. It may recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. The Sales Manager will work closely with the marketing department to achieve sales goals and provide input re advertising and marketing needed.
Qualification Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Ability to read, interpret and write in English.
- Ability to set sales quotas, goals and projections.
- Ability to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ability to act as advisor to sales team regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and enjoy working in a setting where it is recognized that achieving success comes as a result of teamwork.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations to C Level groups as well as sales teams for spas and other retail outlets.
- Ability to use basic software programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for setting and delivering sales quotas, goals and projections for offline sales.
- Responsible for developing and executing on sales plan, including strategies and tactics, to achieve the sales goals agreed upon.
- Provide some supervision for inside sales function.
- Principal interface with Actifirm major accounts including C Level executives and sales staffs.
- Review various sales reports for analysis and prepare offline sales analysis for company executive team
- Coordinate and work closely with marketing to develop sales collaterals, marketing and advertising materials necessary to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for setting sales budget necessary to achieve agreed upon sales goals.
- Such other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Completes projects in a timely manner; communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Delivers outstanding, consistent internal and external customer service. Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other’s ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Ability to make presentations to C Level executives and sales teams.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports efforts to succeed; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information; edits work.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety, cGMP and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty preferred and 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Language Ability – Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as legal documentation, customer requests, email communication, and purchase orders. Ability to write correspondence in English.
- Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word , ERP, and CRM,
- Certificates and Licenses - Licensed esthetician preferred.
- Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a climate controlled environment. Noise level in the environment is usually quiet.
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.